Comprehensive headache evaluation with individualized written treatment plans. Dr. Unger can abort an acute migraine in lesread more
We put your family’s health and well being first.
Here you will find more than just a primary physician. You’ll find genuine health and wellbeing. We offer concierge medicine – a relationship with your doctor that extends beyond the narrow definition of common coverage. As a patient of Unger Primary Care, you can depend on 24/7 access to Dr. Unger, telemedicine, coordination with your specialists, exclusive courses of treatment, and much more. You can expect to be considered and treated like a member of our family.
Why Choose Dr. Unger for your comprehensive medical Care?
Dr. Unger is a 3rd generation physician who has 37 years experience managing patients within the primary care setting. Dr. Unger has some unique attributes including:
- Author of 3 medical textbooks on Diabetes and 1 on migraine headaches
- Has published over 160 peer reviewed medical journal manuscripts on diabetes, migraine and behavioral medicine
- Dr. Unger has participated in over 150 clinical trials and has been the lead investigator for a global trial (Lira-Prime). He continues to refer qualifying patients to his clinical trials site in Montclair, CA.
- Dr. Unger has been the physician for several professional sports teams including the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim baseball club and the World Wrestling Federation.
- Although Dr. Unger utilizes the most advanced drugs and technology for treating patients with diabetes (including integrated insulin pumps and continuous glucose sensors) he REFUSES to utilize electronic medical records (EMR). We believe that comprehensive individualized care is predicated on speaking, listening and examining all our patients. Inputting data into a computer while patients are being interviewed is strictly prohibited in our office.
- Dr. Unger was named Family Physician of the Year for the Inland Empire in 2018
- Dr. Unger was named as “Father of the Year” by the American Diabetes Association in 2009
- Dr. Unger lectures internationally to other physicians on topics related to diabetes and migraine
- We have limited our practice to just 200 patients. Most family physicians have a patient panel of over 2000. Each patient has rapid access to Dr. Unger via cell phone text messaging, phone calls and telemedicine visits.
Concierge Medicine Specialists in Chronic, Complex Disease States
We are experts in the caring for those who need more than typical coverage provides. Unger Primary Care has a distinguished record in being a leader in diabetes, metabolic diseases and endocrinology. This means we are concierge medicine specialists in chronic, complex disease states. The scope of our expertise is vast, but the universal attitude we apply is one of caring for the patient above and beyond the boundaries of an office visit. We offer convenience, compassion and comprehensive management of your course of treatment.
Comprehensive Family Medicine
Our areas of greatest experience include, but aren’t limited to, chronic disease states such as type 1 and type 2 diabetes, clinical obesity, binge eating disorders, opioid dependency, heroin and alcohol addiction, mental illness, migraine and chronic headache, and comprehensive family medicine. We provide this legacy of excellence to all our patients and access to clinical trials to select patients.
Some of the services we extend for these disease states include:
- Intensive management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes
- Evaluation and management of clinical obesity and binge eating disorders
- Pharmacologic and behavior treatment for opioid dependency, heroin and alcohol addiction
- Evaluation and management of mental illness
- Comprehensive headache evaluation and management
- General comprehensive family medicine care provided to all patients
As a family physician, Dr. Unger successfully manages 90 % of all acute and chronic medical conditions. For those patients requiring specialty care, Dr. Unger has arranged immediate consultations with the most respected specialists in the local area. Additionally, Dr. Unger has cell-phone access to some of the most respected clinicians world-wide. Dr. Unger will often call and present the patient’s case to these scientists, authors and thought leaders in order to attain advice on how best to manage a complex medical problem. Patients who require referrals outside of concierge medicine typically wait 2-6 weeks before being scheduled by a specialist. Our office arranges immediate referrals to the following specialists:
- General surgery
- Medical Oncology
- Surgical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT)
- Retinal disease specialists
- Behavioral medicine
- Sleep medicine
- Headache medicine
- Parkinson’s disease
- Obesity (metabolic) surgery
- Pain Management
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Hand surgery
- Breast surgery
- Physical medicine
- Infectious disease
- Spinal surgery
Unger Primary Care in Rancho Cucamonga
Joining Unger Primary Care in Rancho Cucamonga means joining our family. You are more than an appointment or a deductible. You place your total wellness in our trust and we devote all our hearts and minds to you.
Join Unger Primary Care Concierge Medical Center. Join a truly healthier way of life. Join our family.